Sunday, September 20, 2015

[Europe] From Amsterdam to Brussels with Mega Bus

It was the second day of my Europe Trip, and we're going to Brussels. To go to Brussels, i chose to take a "Mega Bus" ride from Amsterdam. The bus fare is quite cheaper than a train ride, £14 pp (it costs €40 pp to take Thalys train). And it also doesn't take a long time to go to Brussels (about 3 hours). Otherwise, i want to have an experience to go to another city by taking a bus. It must be nice with a beautiful view that i would see.




We started this trip from Amsterdam Centraal Station. We took tram 26 at CS tram Oostzijde towards IJBurg, and get down at the 4th stop (Zuiderzeeweg). Right behind this stopped, you'll see a large parking area, called "Zeeburg P&R coach park". This is the place where we gonna take Mega Bus.

inside the tram

When we arrived, the place was so quite. Even i couldn't see any people there. I feel worried if we're at the wrong place. Because we were there with large luggages, and it's gonna be hard for us to find another transportation.

Luckily, we met the security, and he told me that the place was at the end of the parking area. We walked to that place, and he was right. We saw a Mega Bus there. But there's no people there. Maybe it's too early ( i came 90 minutes before departure schedule :P)


30 minutes before the departure, peoples started to come. The staff checked our printed ticket (we've made reservation before) and the bus was ready to go. The departure schedule is at 11.30 am. Make sure you won't come late. Because they will not wait for you.




The bus is clean and comfortable. They also have a restroom inside the bus. So don't worry about the long trip ^^ During this trip, we saw the beautiful view of Netherlands. I'm so glad that we took this bus. So we could enjoy the view in Netherlands. Even though we're not exploring another city at Netherlands.




First time i made reservation at Mega Bus, they told me that the bus would stop at "Bruxelles Central" station. That's why we chose this bus. Because it's not far from the "Grand Place", so we could take a walk from the station to Grand Place. But, about 1 month before departure, i received an email from "Mega Bus". They told me that the stop has been changed. Start from July 16th, 2015, Mega Bus will stop at Rue du Progres, next to Gare du Nord.

It was confusing me at the first time. Because i didn't know anything about Gare du Nord area, and i was afraid running out of time in Brussels. However, when we were there, it didn't confused me as i was thinking before. I just need to take a train at the Gare du Nord towards Bruxelles Midi, and get down at the first stop (Bruxelles Central).

at Gare du Nord, Brussels 

Well, welcome to Brussels!! Don't forget to try the "real" Belgian waffles (and chocolate too!!). It's so delicious ^^


P.S. :
Don't forget to make a reservation at megabus.com few days before, and print your ticket. You can't buy the ticket on the spot.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing.

    Taxi Brüssel Flughafen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have bookmarked your website because this site contains valuable information in it. I am really happy with articles quality and presentation. Thanks a lot for keeping great stuff. I am very much thankful for this site. Bus Trips

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great website with interesting and unique material what else would you need. bus trips near me

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has fully emerged to crown Singapore's southern shores and undoubtedly placed her on the global map of residential landmarks. I still scored the more points than I ever have in a season for GS. I think you would be hard pressed to find somebody with the same consistency I have had over the years so I am happy with that. Bus Trip

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a Great Information about World Day its exceptionally pleasant educational post. a debt of gratitude is in order for the post. bus trips near me

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just browsing through the internet looking for some information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Bookmarked this page, will come back for more. bus tours near me

    ReplyDelete