Thursday, September 27, 2018

Sushi Hiro, Pantai Indah Kapuk - Jakarta

Source : https://www.fun-japan.jp/id/articles/4583
Hi readers! It's been a while I haven't write about my culinary journey. Well, it doesn't mean I'm out from the world of culinary. I love to eat, so I'll never stop if it's about food :P This time I'll write about my favorite restaurant for Japanese food in Jakarta. It's not really new, but I would say this place serves the best sushi in town. To be honest, I never thought their food gonna be that delicious. First time I saw the pictures of this restaurant, I thought they only have a good presentation, but the taste is poor. But I was totally wrong. I'll write more about them below..

So, the reason we came to this place because I was craving for Japanese food, so much (Only people who ever visited Japan, will understand this feeling)..... At that time, I was craving for Gyukatsu Motomura, so badly. Suddenly I remembered nowadays, there are some Japanese restaurants in Jakarta have gyukatsu on their menu, and one of them is Sushi Hiro. Currently Sushi Hiro become the most popular place for Japanese food in town, and they have several branches. We came to their first place, which located at Pantai Indah Kapuk, West Jakarta.

While waiting for the restaurant to opened. 
We came on Sunday around at 5PM, and  they're closed! I was looking at the board outside the door, and found out they divide the opening hours into 2 sections, lunch and dinner. Well, it's kind of annoying to wait for around 30 minutes with my tummy rumbling. But it was also my fault coz I didn't check their opening hours before. However, my waiting time was paid by the delicious food they served.



Hiro Aburi Sushi - IDR 110K
It was the first dish that they served. Honestly, I wasn't in the mood for sushi. But since they known for their sushi which served on the wooden stairs, I decided to give it a try. Well, it wasn't bad, and even I would say it's delicious. The taste of the sushi rice was perfect, and also the topping which really fresh.



Ultimate Truffle Gyu Don - IDR 85K (Add-on Uni - IDR 120K)
The second dish, for Ivan. Since we ate beef in Japan, Ivan becomes a beef-addict, especially if it's on Japanese food. Looking at this gyu don on the menu, he decided to give it a try, and add on Uni (sea urchin). Yumm!! We love uni, but it should be the fresh one. And again, Sushi Hiro nailed it..




Gyukatsu - IDR 120K
Last, gyukatsu - the main reason why we're driving a little bit far only for had a dinner at Sushi Hiro. First impression, I was unsure about the taste because the breadcrumbs was too thick, and the meat also sliced too big. But after it's grilled, it wasn't bad at all - though it was different with the one at Gyukatsu Motomura. We really enjoyed it and even ordered 1 more to fulfill our craving.

Beside those dishes, we also ordered other simple sushi such as Tamago Sushi and Inari Tuna Sushi for kids (it's their favorite), and they also very tasty. At the end I would said that we really enjoyed our dinner at Sushi Hiro, and definitely will come back again for their sushi.





Sushi Hiro PIK
Address : Ruko Garden House, Jalan Pantai Indah Kapuk Boulevard Blok B No.18D, Kamal Muara, Jakarta Utara 14460
Phone : +6221 29033461
Opening hours : Mon - Sun 11AM - 2PM, 5.30PM - 9.30PM
Instagram : @sushihiro_id

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for info on this topic for a while. I'm happy this one is so great. Keep up the excellent work sushi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Lava Lounge Houston, where the art of culinary excellence blends seamlessly with warm hospitality. Situated at 9705 Westheimer Rd, our restaurant has been serving delightful dishes and creating memorable dining experiences for the past five years. https://lavaloungehouston.com/





    ReplyDelete