Sunday, June 2, 2019

[Japan] Lunch at Micasadeco & Cafe, Kyoto


Japanese Pancake with Match flavor at Micasadeco & Cafe
As a food lover, I love to try new food - especially when it's unique and has a lot of good reviews. From many countries that I've visited, I'd said that Japan is a country with the most unique yet delicious food I ever had. Therefore, I never get bored to visit Japan. My visit to Japan is not just because of their beautiful culture, but also for their amazing food. For me, travel to Japan is a culinary trip, and it's a mandatory to try new dishes in every single day.

Last year, I just found a delicious yet unique dish in Tokyo. It was a Japanese souffle pancake. What makes it different with the other pancake is the texture. It really soft and fluffy, and even it can jiggling when you move the plate. Besides the texture, it also has a good taste. I could taste the "eggs" and "milk" flavor in every bites. Ever since then, I never found any better pancake beside this Japanese pancake.


Since Japanese pancake is my favorite dish, I didn't want to missed this food when I was visiting Japan last spring. However, we just visited Osaka and Kyoto (Kansai area), so we need to find other restaurant who serves this kind of pancake. At the end of searching, luckily we found a cafe which really famous in Osaka, and the serve this fluffy pancake. It is Micasadeco & Cafe. However we have many food lists that need to be visited in Osaka, and we were gladful knowing that they just opened a new outlet in Kyoto. Read about this information we decided to go to this cafe at a lunch time.

Micasadeco & Cafe Kyoto located at Kawaramachi area, not far from Nishiki market. This cafe not located at the crowd place. You need to walk around 1 block from the market, at the local neighbourhood. Since the door was always closed and its building also looks like a local house, it's quite hard for us to found this place. Since this cafe really popular, I thought it will be crowded and has a long queue like the one I had in Tokyo. But it's not! From the outside I just saw a quite traditional restaurant, with a picture of pancake.



After make sure it was the right place, we stepped inside and I thought it was the most beautiful cafe I ever visited. Like the outside part of the building which designed like a Japanese traditional house, the interior also has the same design. We're talking to the staff who was standing behind the door, and he told me to wait at the waiting room. The waiting room itself also looks amazing. It has a unique furniture and made me feels like at the museum - not a waiting room.



It was 1.30 PM so we already passed the lunch peak hours. There was only 2 peoples in front of us and we just wait for around 30 minutes to get a table. After being told the table was ready, we were walking through the small corridor, and once again I was being surprised with their interior. From the traditional style at the outside and the unique stuff at the waiting room, now I faced a very cute and colorful dining place. What I mean with colorful is not a bright color, but it's dominated with pink amd other pastel color. This pink ambience makes me in love with this cafe.



That's the first impression from me about the dining place of Micasadeco & Cafe Kyoto. About the food, it also didn't taste bad. Here are the reviews of dishes that we ordered:


Pork Kakuni Omelette ¥900
Since it's a lunch time, we ordered a savory menu first before eat their sweet dishes. We ordered a pork fried rice with omelette on top. It taste very delicious. However, the rice was too soft and it's not suitable to be cooked as a fried rice.


"Matcha" Fluffy Pancake ¥1450
This fluffy pancake was the main purpose of our visit to Micasadeco. There are 2 flavors for this type of pancake : matcha and ricotta cheese. Since we're in Kyoto and Kyoto was famous for its matcha, we decided to order this pancake with matcha flavour. Well, the texture of the pancake was really amazing. It was very soft and buttery. The texture is even better than the one I had in Tokyo. However, the taste of matcha sauce "destroyed" the delicacy of the pancake itself. The sauce was bland and I couldn't taste anything. It felt like I ate plain pancake, without any topping or sauce.


Cherry Blossom Pancake ¥1550
I saw this pancake on the menu, and noticed it might be a seasonal dish. We ordered this pancake as well because Ivan and Aurelia don't like matcha flavor. This menu doesn't come with fluffy pancake. Instead, it comes with springy - thin pancake. Even though their fluffy pancake taste much better than springy pancake, but this cherry blossoms pancake has amazing toppings. Cherry salted pickles, seasonal fresh strawberry, and crispy pie, those are the toppings for this pancake. To complete the delicacy, they also serve the pancake with a thick custard (which come along with fresh strawberry), homemade strawberry butter, fresh strawberry sauce, and cherry ice cream. The best parts of this pancake was the fresh strawberry sauce and cherry ice cream. The sweetness level was perfect and its so perfect to be eaten together with the pancake.


Yoghurt Smoothie ¥700
To complete our lunch, we also ordered a glass of smoothie which looks really fresh. There are several options for smoothie, but I chose yoghurt smoothie. Unfortunately, the smoothie was tasteless and it was too freeze. I thought they put too much ice cubes in it until it couldn't be drunk. At the end, we need to used spoon to "eat" all the smoothies. Well, it such a disappointment to get this "quality" of smoothie from a fancy cafe.






Micasadeco & Cafe Kyoto
Address : 480 Umeyachō, Nakagyō-ku, Kyoto, 604-8057, Japan
Phone : +81 75-606-5307
Opening hours : Mon - Sun 9AM - 7PM
Website : http://micasadecoandcafe.com/kyoto/

No comments:

Post a Comment