Saturday, June 27, 2020

What to eat in Bangkok - Part 2

หมูตั่วเฮีย อร่อยเฮียเฮีย (Mootuahere) - local restaurant in Bangkok

Continuing the the first part of my culinary trip in Bangkok, this time I'll write the second part of this journey. It was the second day of our trip, and we started our day at Pratunam area. However because of coronavirus, we didn't go to the market area or bought any street food. We just visited Platinum Fashion Mall and Central World for having a lunch. At the afternoon, we were visiting local area - but still at Pathum Wan district. FYI, Pathum Wan district is where the famous Siam Paragon and MBK shopping centre located. Do you want to know what we had for dinner at this area? Keep reading until finish ^^
 
Day 2

Kuang Heng Pratunam Chicken Rice
    As a chicken rice lover, seems like we'd never get enough with this comfort food. By chance we found out about another famous chicken rice at Pratunam, it's called "Kuang Heng Pratunam Chicken Rice". Since it's not far from the hotel, we decided to have breakfast here. Unlike the chicken rice that we ate before, they have fried chicken option for the topping. So we decided to ordered 2 types of chicken (steamed and fried) as the topping for the rice. Not forgetting, we also ordered other famous dish in Bangkok for breakfast - steamed bread with kaya pandan.

Boiled and Fried Chicken with Rice - THB 50

Steamed bread with kaya pandan at Kuang Heng Chicken Rice - Pratunam

Well, I love their fried chicken so much. It's really flavorful, and not plain like the steamed chicken. And for the bread, it was really soft because they steamed it first before served. It was really good especially when I dipped it into the kaya pandan. It's perfect for breakfast dish. 

Tiger Sugar
    Boba lover will know this brand because it's really famous. This brand comes from Singapore, and they have opened their brancehes in many country such as Indonesia and Malaysia. First time I tried it at  Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia, and it becomes my favorite boba drink EVER!! I love the "Brown Sugar Pearl Series" - which has a combination between boba and pearl (a small size of boba). The other things that makes me like Tiger Sugar is the cream mousse. It so tasty, so creamy, and the sweetness level from its brown sugar is just perfect.

Brown Sugar Boba + Pearl with Cream Mousse - THB 120

When I knew Tiger Sugar also has its branches in Bangkok, I didn't want to missed it. I went to one of its branch at Platinum Fashion Mall, and ordered their bestseller - which is my favorite menu as well. Its boba and its pearl was as delicious as I was expecting. However, I thought the brown sugar was too little because I couldn't taste the brown sugar. All I taste was only the milk and the cream mousse. I felt disappointed because it's quite different with the one I had in Kuala Lumpur.

Fuji Japanese Restaurant
    We love Japanese Food!! So wherever we go, we always looked for a good Japanese restaurant. In Thailand, we have a favorite Japanese restaurant which serves delicious food with affordable restaurant. It's Fuji. You can find their outlet everywhere in Thailand - not just in Bangkok. This time I had lunch at Fuji Restaurant which located at Central World. It's not the first time for me to eat at Fuji, so I know exactly what I gonna order - Fuji Spesial Steak Set - my favorite dish at Fuji all the time. Since Ivan wasn't feeling well and craving for a soup dish, so we also ordered a Sukiyaki set.

Fuji Spesial Steak Set - THB 390

Sukiyaki Beef Set - THB 290

If you ever eat at Fuji, you might know that all their food is delicious. I always asked "well done" for the steak and it's really delicious. Even though its well done, but the meat was really juicy and it's so tender. Usually I ordered it as ala carte menu (only meat). But this time I ordered it as a set menu and it was really satisfying. The set menu comes with rice, salad, side dish (including a tasty grilled salmon), and also a drink and dessert. The sukiyaki set was also the same. It was too much until we couldn't finish it all. However every dish was really delicious and it also comes with affordable price. If you're in Thailand and started to get bored with Thai food, I recommend you to visit Fuji Japanese Restaurant.

หมูตั่วเฮีย อร่อยเฮียเฮีย (Mootuahere)
    This time we're going to local place and had dinner at this "porky" restaurant. Knowing this place from explore page at Instagram, and this place was on our food list. This place basically, serve food with pork as their main ingredients. They well known for "Pork Meatball Soup" and "Crispy Pork Belly". The pork meatball soup served with noodles, and you can choose what kind of noodle that you want. Since its local place, they can't speak English so it's kinda hard to know the name of the dish. When we're ordering, we just showed the picture on Instagram about the menu that we wanted.

Crispy Pork - THB 129

Pork noodle soup - THB 69

However, going to this local place is not a disappointment for us. All the food was really good. At first we ordered "Pork Meatball Soup with Noodle" and "Crispy Pork Belly" Everything was really tasty especially the pork meatball. I love how it taste and also the texture. It's not too chewy and I could taste the pork melt in my mouth. The pork belly also very delicious with its crispy crackling layer. Another thing that makes this dish taste better is the sweet soy sauce. 

Kanom Kheow snack by Jaru bee - THB 120

Beside that, I also ordered a Thai Crispy Pancake as an appetizer. I saw many times the video about how people make it and it becomes a must try (street) food in Bangkok. Knowing they also have it on their menu, so we decided to try. If you're a sweet lover, you must be love it. But I'm not really a sweet addict so for me it's just so so. I didn't mean this food is not tasty. It has a sweet taste, and that's it - nothing special.

Chinese Sausage Pork Fried Rice - THB 89

While we're enjoying our food, we looked at another table and they're eating "Lap Cheong (chinese sausage) Fried Rice". It's looking good so we also gave it a try. As our expectation, the fried rice seasoned perfectly. It's really good and I love the lap cheong as well. Overall, the food at this place was all good and didn't give any disappointment. It's something that I expect from going to local place - a hidden gem that's not written at tourist guide book.


No comments:

Post a Comment