Monday, October 22, 2018

Cleansing, The Most Important Step on Your Skin Care Routine



It's really important to take care of your skin since from young ages. Full skin care routine is very needed to get a healthy and beautiful skin. Many people has different skin care routine to take care of their skin, depend on their skin problems. However, from many steps of skin care, there's one most important step that can't be missed. It's cleansing.

Cleansing more often considered as a not really important step in skin care routines. Usually people will be more focus on serum or cream usage. They think that applying skin care is the key to get a beautiful skin, but it's not. Cleansing is the most important step, that's why it always be the first step on skin care routine. Applying skin care on a dirty skin, only make your skin worse. No matter what, make sure you have a very clean skin before start to use your skin care.

To get a clean skin, you can't just wash it with a facial foam. Especially after using make up. You need to clean it with a few steps of cleanser (known as double cleansing) before start applying skin care. This is an example of double cleansing that I do everyday, with my favorite cleansing products.

1. Remove all makeup on your face
You can skip this step of you don't use any makeup on that day. However, if you wear a makeup, this step is really important to do. A simple cleanser will not clean your makeup properly. You need to use a makeup remover which contains a special ingredients to clean your makeup, even if it's waterproof type. I like to use Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover for this step, because unlike another makeup remover, the formula is very gently and clean my eye makeup perfectly.

Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover

2. Clean the whole face with your favorite cleanser
Before wash your face, you need to clean the whole face with a "special" cleanser. No matter you're wearing makeup or not, this step is a must things to do. Nowadays, there are several type of cleanser such as cleansing oil, cleansing water, or cleansing balm. You can use any type of cleanser based on what you need. If you have a dry skin type, you might want to use cleansing oil. However if you have an oily skin type, you might want to use cleansing water which contains no oil. Personally, I choose to use cleansing water instead if cleansing oil, even though I have a dry skin type. Because if I use cleansing oil as a cleanser, I feel my face is very greasy, and I didn't think it's a good idea to have an oily face after cleansing. For this step, I choose to use cleansing water from Laneige. I love this cleansing water because it really clean my face very well. And like other Laniege's products, this cleanser has a gently formula with a soft smell which makes me feel relax after using it.
Laneige Vitamin Brightening CleansingWater

3. Wash you face with a facial wash
Well, I think everyone will do this step because generally this step known as the only way to clean your face. I really understand it because it's really simple and even you can do it at the time when you're taking a shower. But sometimes people also skip this step because they thought after using cleanser, their skin is already clean. But it's not. Though you didn't see any makeup or dirt left after using cleanser, you still need to wash it with a facial wash and water, to make it really clean and feel fresh.

Hada Labo Shirojyun Ultimate Whitening Face Wash
For this cleansing step, I choose Hada Labo Shirojyun Ultimate Whitening Face Wash. Hada Labo is a skin care brand from Japan. But this facial wash, is a product that produced by Hada Labo Indonesia. To be honest, it's really hard for me to get a perfect facial wash. I have a dry and very sensitive skin. Every time I washed my face, it felt very tight, even sometimes I felt hurt especially on cheek area. But, I don't feel any same effects with this facial wash. It cleans my face without make it dehydrated. It also doesn't contain any fragrance which is really good for a sensitive skin like I have.

4. Last step, facial toner!
When you're done with washing your face, it doesn't mean you face is totally clean. You need to do the last step of cleansing by using facial toner. There are 2 types of facial toner, for exfoliating and hydrating. Exfoliating toner is perfect for oily and acne prone skin type. Meanwhile, if you have a dry or dehydrated skin type, hydrating toner is a good option for you.

Some By Mi 30 Days Miracle Toner
Honestly, I started to put facial toner into my skin care routine for these past few months. I just realized about how important facial toner is. The first toner that I used was Some By Mi 30 Days Miracle Toner , which works as an exfoliating toner. However, since using that facial toner made my skin getting dry, I decided to use a hydrating toner - Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Facial Toner (will write a review about it soon).

Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Facial Toner
That's all the double cleansing routine that I do everyday. Cleansing is very important for help you to get a healthy skin. By using this double cleansing routine, it will reduce appearance of blackhead, whitehead, and pimple. So, don't forget to double cleanse your face before get started with your skin care routine.

2 comments:

  1. Adelaide morpheus 8 Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info.

    ReplyDelete