Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Founder Bak Kut Teh - Living World



Have I mentioned that I'm a "carnivore"? But it's not like I don't eat fruits and veggies at all. I eat fruits and veggies, sometimes. But only in a few amount. Meat, especially "red meat" is a must eat for me everyday. It feels weird for me to eat some meals without any meat in it. No matter it's a beef, pork, or lamb, and how they cooked, I love to eat them, always.

In Asian food, there's one popular meat dish which cooked in soup style. It's called Bak Kut Teh. Bak Kut Teh is a clear soup which made from pork broth with pork ribs as the main ingredients. This dish very well known in Singapore. It's just like a mandatory to eat bak kut teh for everyone who visiting Singapore. Just say some famous places to eat bak kut teh : Ng Ah Sio Bak Kut Teh, Founder Bak Kut Teh, and Song Fa Bak Kut Teh. Aren't they sounds familiar??


Due to its popularity, some of them started to open their branches in Indonesia. It becomes an excitement for pork dish lover, including me. Since it's going to rainy season, a heart warming soup dishes is a perfect meal to be consumed. By the chance I had a lunch with Winston after finished his school time at Founder Bak Kut Teh which located at Living World, Alam Sutera.

Founder Bak Kut Teh - Living World, Alam Sutera
Not just soup dishes, Founder Bak Kut Teh also offer other mouthwatering dishes. However, bak kut teh is the dish that I was craving for, so I just ordered a portion of it. There are several type of bak kut teh that they have. The difference is on the meat type. Some of them comes with big cuts, and some of them comes with small cuts. I chose "Short Spare Ribs" that comes with 3 big cuts of pork ribs. To complete my meal, I also orderd a portion of "You Tiao / Cak We" which is a perfect side dish to be eaten with bak kut teh.

You Tiao / Cak We - IDR 16K
Short Spare Ribs - IDR 94K
I've tried another bak kut teh restaurant before (such as Ng Ah Sio and Song Fa), but bak kut teh at Founder taste very different. While the other have a very strong pepper taste on its soup, Founder bak kut teh has the mild one. I think it's really good so it also could be eaten by someone who can't eat spicy food. The pork ribs itself also very tender and have a thick meat. I was very satisfied with this bowl of happiness.

Look at that huge meat!!
Since Winston is a quite fussy eater, so I also ordered a kids menu for him. There are 3 options on their kids menu. I chose the meal which has noodle in it, it's called Misoa with Mince Pork Dry. It's a noodle dish, which use minced pork that cooked with soy sauce for the topping. Not just noodle, it also comes with jelly and salad, which is every kid's favorite.

Misoa with Mince Pork Dry - IDR 33K

At the end, I just want say that Founder has a delicious bak kut teh, and worth to try. Even though it's quite pricey, but it's so tasty and perfect to warm up your day. Anyway, besides at Living World, they also have an outlet at Puri Indah Mall, West Jakarta.


Notes: I have a tips to enjoy the soup. Put you tiao inside the soup, let them soak until soft and absorb the pork broth. Now you can eat this you tiao in one bite, and taste the savory pork broth in it. Enjoy!!







Founder Bak Kut Teh
Address : Ground Floor - Living World. Jalan Alam Sutera Boulevard Kav. 21, Serpong Utara, Tangerang Selatan, Banten 15323
Phone : +62 21 29239455
Opening hours : Mon - Sun 10AM - 10PM

No comments:

Post a Comment