Tuesday, September 15, 2015

[Europe] Homemade Cheese at Cheese Factory Volendam

Everybody knows, the Dutch produce various kinds of cheese, such as Gouda, Edam, etc. Even you can see the making process of the cheese at its town. Of course that's a heaven for cheese lover (like me^^).

While i was walking at Volendam, i found a famous cheese store called "Cheese Factory Volendam". 


At this store, i saw different types of cheese. I had no idea about the differences between one cheese and another. Luckily, there's a kind lady who worked there. She explained to me about all the cheese they had.



First time i felt interested with the Gouda cheese. Until she introduced their -best seller- homemade cheese. She told me that their homemade cheese is not made in a factory. They only make it at this store. You also can see how they made the cheese at the museum, which located at the same place with the store.




They only have 1 size for the homemade cheese. It's quite big for me. Because my family doesn't really like to eat cheese. I asked her about the expired date for the homemade cheese. And her answer was surprising me. She said that the cheese could be stored for along time, up to 2 years. It doesn't need to be put at the refrigerator. Just put it at the room temperature. The longer it is stored, the texture of the cheese will be even harder. However, the taste will be more delicious.



They only have 1 store, and it's at Volendam. So, when you go to Volendam, don't forget to take the time to go to the cheese factory Volendam. You will not regret it.




Cheese Factory Volendam
Haven 25 1131EP, Volendam, The Netherlands
Open daily:
• From March 16th - October 31st 09:30 - 18:30
• November 1st - March 15th 10:30 - 17:00
Website : http://www.cheesefactoryvolendam.com/

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post! A relative just brought us cheese from here and I was wondering if it needed to be refrigerated and how long it lasts.
    Thanks again, from San Antonio Texas, USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Thanks for read it. As the lady at the store said, it doesn't need to be refrigerated. Just put it at the room temperature and it gonna be lasts up to 2 years. I don't know how's the weather at your place. But I live in Indonesia which has a humid weather, and I didn't put it at the refrigirator as well. However I don't know whether it gonna be long lasts up to 2 years at the humid place, because I finished it only about in 3 months after.

      Delete